Yikes … it’s self disclosure time. Again?
I thought I had left my calling card lying around ? … that you could get to know me through a ‘search and rescue’ operation in my posts.
But Blogging 101 suggests I put it right there on the table.
I agree it will be more considerate of your time. So as the earwig said when he fell of the wall … ‘ear wiggo’: A list of 10 more things about me.
Before I start … I should warn you that my posts are a personal journal of moments on the road – shared with others on the journey.
I write about my Encounters – with myself, with others and with my Lord.
Signposts on the road thus far :
- I am the younger of twin girls. We have a younger sister and brother. I had written my childhood memories in appreciation to my parents, and to share with my brother – who joined our family 13 years later 🙂
- I enjoyed my youth, obtained a professional qualification, had an interesting career, married and moved to Jamaica.
- We had glorious times there. Jamaica was like an unending summer. I loved my job and the times we had. My husband and I parted company after 12 years and I returned to Sri Lanka.
- The divorce and my father’s death shortly afterwards left me pondering on philosophical and theological questions – the meaning of love, life, love, happiness etc. The questions remained in my subconscious awaiting answers.
- I felt there was more to life than work 5 x 52 so I opted for early retirement and started consultancy with reduced hours.
- Finally I gave that up to go into full-time study for a degree in Theology – graduating in 2012.
- I found answers to many questions I’d had; I learned the Word of God and studied interesting subjects like anthropology and evolution, philosophy, and other theology related topics. I did my thesis on what constitutes consent to marriage in Canon Law and would like to convert that to a readable lay format one day soon.
- This past year, I returned to the ‘commercial world’ to help out with a travel agency … but an encounter with mortality intervened and I gave up work.
- My other interests – my five gorgeous nieces and one nephew, siblings and mum, a loving church community, my road dog “Monster”, nature and the environment, POTTERY, psychology and helping young persons grow to their full potential. Also, of late, diet and good health habits.
- Now, I would like to merge my head knowledge with my heart yearnings ….which is writing and sharing, synthesising what I have learned into easy reading for those who have not had the time to research and study as I have had.
And there you have it.
I hope this gives a clearer picture of who is writing and responding on the blogosphere … or as Chardin called it the noosphere.
I’d like to end with one of my favourite quotes from an unknown source.
I strut and prance on the stage of life
Hoarding each moment of thunderous applause.
But when the stage is set, and the lights are dimmed,
and the curtain falls for the last time.
Who will clap for me then Lord?
Credits for graphics: